1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup water
2 cups squash, sliced (zucchini, yellow, or both)
1 cup string beans, chopped
1 white onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 cup milk (any kind)
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups bread crumbs (I shredded Ezekiel bread)
1 cup cheddar cheese (I used a dairy free brand)
1. Heat oil in a skillet.
2. Add chopped onions and garlic, cook until transparent.
3. Add sliced squash and beans, pour in water, cover, and steam for about 5 min or until squash is soft.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5. In a medium bowl, mix bread crumb and cheese together.
6. Separate half of the bread mixture into a smaller bowl.
7. Add beaten eggs and milk to the larger bowl with bread mixture, mix well.
8. Pour the squash into a 9" by 13” baking dish, stir in egg mixture, then top with the remaining bread crumbs and cheese. Salt and pepper well.
9. Bake for 25 min.