1 lb of yellow squash, unpeeled
1/2 medium onion
1 large egg
1 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp butter (for frying)
1. Shred the squash and squeeze out the extra moisture.
2. Finely chop the onion, set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
4. In a bowl beat the egg with the salt, pepper, , and garlic powder. Add in the squash and onion.
5. Add half the butter to the warmed skillet and spoon in the fritter mixture. About a 1/4 cup measurement.
6. Fry on each side for about 4-5 min.